3.28.2007

short post

Sick...that is what I have been! Wow, sickness takes on a whole different meaning when there are little ones in tow. It has not been easy this week to say the least but I have learned and reflected on some sweet truths...1) When you need help, ASK. This is not the easiest thing for me to do always but you know it really is rewarding. It is rewarding all the way around. When I ask for help I am blessed and the ones helping are blessed. It is only pride that keeps us from this. This is blessed community...doing life together...helping one another. 2) Sometimes God allows sickness to get us to be still...this has been especially sweet because it has allowed me to really spend some time thinking about and bonding with this new little boy that the Lord is about to add to our family. I have been so busy with Zoe and just life that I haven't really spent much time really cherishing the little guy inside:) 3) God uses sickness to show us some things we need to really work on!!!!!!!!! I won't go into this too much, but wow Lord... thank you that I am still a work in progress!
I also just finished another of Ginger and I's book club reads. It was called Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott. Great writing style, some hard material for my traditional southern baptist upbringing (which I am still recovering from), but overall glad that I read it. A few times I was really unsure about reading it but then at the end I just had this nagging thought that Jesus would probably rather hang out with someone like Anne Lamott then some religious person in denial about their depravity any day! Oh to be more and more the real thing!
That's it...all except for a huge thank you going out to the man of the year...my husband! What a servant...I am so grateful for you babe! Thank you for loving me like Christ loves the church in all her imperfections...you are awesome and I love you.

No comments: