8.12.2007

desires of my heart...

Okay so I am overwhelmed...overwhelmed in a good way. Lately I have had these moments of truth where I just sit amazed at the tangible presence of God all over my life and not to mention my husband's. Tears sting my eyes as I even type these words...you see He has done it. He had given me EVERYTHING I ever asked Him for. He has gone above and beyond the visions I had but what is so amazing to me is that He has done it! Despite my unfaithfulness at times, despite my failing, wandering heart, despite my lack of discipline; He has done it.
Flashes of moments in days past overwhelm my heart...a prayer here, a whisper there, a fleeting vision, an aching heart in sometimes sleepless nights...wondering when? how? how long? And now here I am...married, a mother, in ministry (okay so they are all m words-that's weird!) Even more amazing is the redemptive work God continues to do in my life THROUGH my marriage, mommyhood, and being in ministry with my husband.
Jesus continues to woo me on this awesome adventure called life with Him. I am amazed and I am in awe. Though my days are filled with dishes and diapers, baby talk and block building, nursing and nurturing, they are jammed packed with meaning, filled to the brim and overflowing with the purpose of a jealous God who will not let His chosen ones go...AMEN Lord thank you SO much.

No comments: